Ok, so the clip may be funny but this will NOT happen with GoToMeetings – this week’s recommended onlne feature.
Problem: Nine people in three offices in two states need to conference. Documents will need to be displayed and there is a PowerPoint presentation that may include an Excel spreadsheet.
1. FedEx copies of all documents and other presentation materials to all parties.
2. Arrange meeting date and time.
3. Determine speakers and attendees.
4. Have Michael in NY Office #1 contact Jenn in NY Office #2 and have her conference in Bill in Boston. Corral the other 6 attendees into Michael, Jenn and Bill’s offices accordingly.
1. Fly to meeting destination and repeat above Steps 1 – 4 until the remaining attendees are all available.
1. Arrange meeting date and time.
2. Use GoToMeeting.
3. Meet, discuss, display, conclude.
4. Go to lunch.
2. Can display in multiple formats including Word, Wordperfect, Powerpoint and Excel.
3. Can hand over keyboard and mouse control to other attendees (without compromising security. Other users can only view the displayed document… not rumage through your PC).
4. One license can accomodate 25 conferenced-in people and if you want to host a seminar, up to 1,000 attendees. (Attendee sign in and departure can be monitored.)
5. Displayed documents are not stored on attendees pcs. You can determine which, if any, documents you choose for others to have as permanent copies.
BNI Investigators: Street smart; Web savvy.