I’m not a lawyer. Not even a paralegal. I’m an investigator and have often had to prepare affidavits for my investigative actions and or those of my staff.
A basic affidavit should include at least these several elements:
1. A lucid, truthful and complete narrative of the chain of events.
2. The parties involved (witnesses, police, ).
3. The parties’ activity (in a clear, logical and connected order).
One should be able to follow the logic in an A to B to C order.
Not only has this not occurred in the Zimmerman affidavit for probable cause requesting a second degree murder charge, but just the opposite happened. The sham and slim connections are all over the map and as elusive as a magician’s trick. The Zimmerman affidavit offers claims not in evidence, excludes the entirety of Martin’s activities, presumes the meaning of Zimmerman’s comments without any rational backup for these conclusions, is argumentative and does not contain a logical sequence of events.
Below is a must-see video, featuring renowned law professor Alan Dershowitz.
Mr. Dershowitz explains the legal rationale relegating the Zimmerman affidavit to a worthless office seeker’s (the prosecutor, Angela Corey) campaign speech.
I do not understand why our judges and prosecutors are elected officials. How can the legal system possibly work in a fair and unhampered by political persuasion manner if those with the authority to charge people with crimes are too busy on the stump? This side of our justice system needs a major overhaul.
Our Operatives: Informed and a step ahead.
As always, stay safe.
- Harvard Prof. Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit ‘Irresponsible And Unethical’ (mediaite.com)
- TOM MAGUIRE: Dershowitz and the Zimmerman affidavit – crime in the passive voice. “The affidavit c… (pjmedia.com)