To conduct a successful locate, hire a good investigator.
As flippant and self-serving as that may appear, if you’ve tried the usual public search options and have come up negative, if might be time to hire a professional detective. The information online appears to be uniform. It’s not. A good investigator will use multiple data sources to locate a subject. The key to selecting the most valuable and current data available along the digital trail is in
1. knowing the information providers update schedules (every 30 days, quarterly, when an important change is collected?).
2. understanding the sales configuration of their products v. one’s needs. (E.g. Is a local versus a national real property search required? Does the service allow for varying levels of information depth?)
3. confirming their level of removal from the primary data source. (Is the data provider obtaining the information directly from officially recorded materials or repurposing another provider’s data?)
Your investigator should be aware of and constantly renewing his/her baseline ”Go To” information sources.
For a subject locate,( to more efficiently utilize an investigator’s services), prepare the following on the subject:
1. Full name (to include maiden, extensions, e.g. Jr. or III)
2. Date of birth, if known (or approximate age)
3. Social Security Number, if known
4. Last known home, cell and work phone numbers
5. Last known address or employers’ address
6. Work information, career field
7. Prior military experience
8. Relatives, emergency contacts
Perhaps, having had all of the above information available on your subject, you think there is nothing new an investigator can uncover. Quite often, a different approach and skill set will make all of the difference between a successful locate and having to settle a case for a fraction of its worth.
Often it is necessary, for completely legitimate reasons, to initialize “soft” contact with a subject. In that case, we suggest an untraceable, disposable, anonymous email tool: Guerrilla Mail.
Our Operatives: Street smart: info savvy.
As always, stay safe.
Filed under: General Information, locate | Tagged: data, date of birth, disposable, fina a person, guerrillamail, information, social security number, subject locate, temporary, untraceable email | Leave a Comment »