Air travel has become common these days with technology trying to maintain pace. So for those who wish to be more productive during their next flight, we recommend the below apps and tools that can help you convert plane time into valuable work time.
1. Connectify(Under $100) A great way to connect all your devices to in-flight Wi-Fi — since most in-flight services make you pay for each device separately — is to get Connectify, which turns your Windows PC into a Wi-Fi hotspot. You can even share your password with your seat mate – making for a much friendlier flight!
2. Jott Messenger(free). Jott Messenger is a networking app that uses Bluetooth and allows you to sent texts to people on your flight, even when there’s no Wi-Fi connection. This is perfect for business travelers who may not be seated right next to their co-workers or clients. Best of all, using the app doesn’t use any of your monthly data.
3. The Airhook(Under $25). This small, simple tray table mount offers two solutions in one. First, you can securely attach any electronic device that’s up to 8.5 inches tall, such as an iPad or smartphone, to the seat in front of you (the angle is adjustable if the person reclines). Second, there’s a cup holder that sits beneath the screen.
4. Solar Phone Charger(Under $45). Designed by GreenLighting, a Solar Phone Charger is great for business travelers needing to charge gadgets at 30,000 feet. The gadget works with your smartphone or iPad’s normal charger, adhering to the plane window and making use of the sun’s rays for a power boost. Keep in mind the Solar Phone Charger also needs its own juice, which takes about four hours when plugged into a laptop.
5. NeatReceipts(Under $150 for the scanner and one year of software). This portable 10-ounce scanner and software bundle helps road warriors streamline the process of expensing, invoicing and organizing business documents. Simply insert receipts, invoices and other paperwork into the scanner for their information to be analyzed, extracted and arranged within the NeatCloud (accessible via a paired app). For instance, receipts can be combined to instantly create expense reports to email or print. Like with Gmail, you can sort information into folder structures, and can also search keywords later on to find what you need (say, when you only remember the first name of someone whose business card you need to locate). NeatReceipts works with QuickBooks, Excel, MailChimp, TurboTax, LinkedIn and Constant Contact.
BNI Operatives: Situationally aware.
As always, stay safe.