Lately, we are requested quite often to research the backgrounds of prospective employees, personal and business partners and corporate entities.
With our now internet-enabled reach (not just to locate web-based information but to network with other investigative specialists), we are able to access nationwide data as to the personal, work and credit backgrounds of potential new hires. We have gained the ability to likewise perform these background search services on a global basis for those seeking new business alliances, products and services. Today, given the mobility and globalization of people and companies, often the backgrounds of the those with whom we might form potential partnerships are, at best based on hazy anecdotes and very basic, publicly available information. Unfortunately, these types of non-professionally investigated histories can easily be manipulated, i.e., by net savvy perception managers. For this, and many other reasons (personal security, access and information verification, to name several) we will always steer people away from the alleged “free” searches available online. If one is serious about researching a potential employee or partner’s background, get it done right — by an experienced, highly rated private investigator.
Below we outline several types of background searches, their information yield and best applicability situations.
Basic Background Check, Individual:
Primary Uses: Prospective new hires, subject identification, tenant verification.
- DOB & Alias Names
- SSN Verification
- Address History (20 yr)
- Address Summaries
- Others Residing w/Subject
- Possible Phone #s Associated w Subject (landline/mobile)
- Email Addresses
- Nationwide Criminal Profile (Includes State & Nationwide Criminal Databases, National Warrant Databases, Department of Correction Records, Nationwide Sex Offender Check)
- Property Transactions
- Civil Judgments, Tax Liens, & Evictions
- Registered Vehicles *
- DL Information *
- Voter Registrations
- Hunting & Fishing Permits
- Professional Licenses
- Possible Work Affiliations
- Relatives & Associates
*In available states.
Recommendation: If the new hire will have access to accounting and or client information, we also suggest obtaining a release to conduct a standard asset search.
Comprehensive Background Check, Individual:
Primary Uses: Prospective partners, major settlement/award cases, potential private care (nannies, housekeepers, home nursing aides…) and personal/business financial services providers (attorneys, accountants, brokers…)
- All of the above plus :
- Credit check (obtain authorization)
- Financial background (to include but not limited to assets, banking information, involvement in fraud investigations)
- Professional background (to include but not limited to being a named party in any legal action, professional sanctions, industry rating)
- Verified (in person/voice) and thorough reference checks
These are basic searches to conduct in the above referenced circumstances. Of course, no two files will ever be the same and each search should be geared towards individualization. A good professional investigator will know where to look and when to dig deeper.
As always, stay safe.
- Gain Trust & Reduce Claims with Thorough Background Checks (heffhomehealthcare.wordpress.com)